Saturday, October 26, 2013

Last week of Crock-tober

With Halloween rapidly approaching, the Main Man and I discovered we have one more thing in common. We hate it. 

I can't figure out why our kids like it either. The Girl hates talking to adults and we never let them eat the candy they worked so hard for. I know. We're the worst. The Boy is going as a ninja. He gets to take his sweet moves on the road. Pumped does not begin to describe his excitement.

For the record, I've loved Crock-tober. This is my busy season, and since adding tree skirts to the mix, it's even busier. The Crock Pot Life has been a lifesaver and I can only hope it's helped you out a little.

Menu
Roast Chicken
Potatoes, Green Beans and Ham
Corn, Bacon and Chicken Chowder
Honey Mustard Ham
Chicken Tortilla Soup

Recipes

Potatoes, green beans and ham
Put those items in your pot and let them cook all day. You can also sub cooked sausage link discs for the ham.


I'll probably use some applesauce in place of the juice. 



What you'll need

Meat
Whole 3-4lb chicken
5-6lb bone in, fully cooked ham
1lb cooked chicken breast
Cooked kielbasa (which reminds me. Try it fried with cocktail sauce.)

The rest
8-10 potatoes
Can of Cream Corn
Chicken broth/stock/base for 8 cups
Ham
Onion
Half and half (or milk)
Apple juice
Brown sugar
Kidney beans, 2 cups
Taco seasoning
Green beans

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll add your email to my list so you can see all the wonders I write about. I have no great plan for November, so if you have one, let me know! Ornaments, and mini projects are coming soon! 

Crock-tober out.


No comments:

Post a Comment