Monday, August 19, 2013

Everything and the Kitchen Sink

Everyone is at school. Even the Littlest Love, my baby, is surviving kindergarten. So far, it's a social club and that kid leads every and all social events. At 5. My daughter has hit 5th grade and has stopped wearing her usual uniform of jeans and tshirts. This is going to cost us. A lot. Thankfully H&M ships now. (On a semi related note, they have housewares! Not a lot, but it's all stinkin' cool.)

The house is very quiet. I get a lot done.


Since I was a kid, I've wanted a farmhouse sink. Should have been a hint that I was destined for design. What 9 year old wants a specific sink? My Grandma Lytle grew up with one and assured me it was a terrible idea. This girl does not listen well. Fast forward 20 years and you'll find me, the Main Man and two bored kids staring at sinks in Lowe's. 

I LOVE!!! my sink!



Look at all that soaking room! I left stuff in there so you could see the glory of it. Someone said in the comments section on the Lowe's website that it's not very pretty when wet. Only if sparkly isn't pretty! It's made of crushed granite and has not scratched in it's short 6 month lifespan in my house. 

No, she wasn't cheap. It is only $50 more than any other 9" deep sink. I know, 'only'. I force us to live on the cheap, and this was a Christmas money expenditure. That faucet? Was a steal. $250, on clearance in an open box. The Main Man asked nicely for a further discount and we paid $100. It was wonderful.

Get your own sink, right here.

It did require a little plumbing underneath, so be prepared for that expense. Minimal if you know what you're doing. The directions say it's a meant for a 36" sink base cabinet, but we did it in a 33". It's tight, but who cares? It's awesome!

What do you think? Would you buy a house with a massive sink?

2 comments:

  1. A few things...

    1. I had no idea you had a blog! I do now and will be following on the regular!

    2. Love the HUGE sink, but how do you wash dishes? Do you have to take out the drying rack every time? Does that create a mess on the counter during the whole process?

    3. So glad you are doing something creative! Sometimes I feel guilty that I'm not 'working in the field' in which I earned a degree.

    4. We just bought a new house and one of the items on the 'to-do' list is...FIRE PIT! Going to consider your DIY project when we get down to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1- I wanted to wait until I had more than two posts to start advertising it. People always ask me what I'm making, this answers that for me.

      2- I barely wash dishes! Just big things and pots that can't go in the dishwasher. Problem. Solved.

      3- Most people don't work in their field, so no worries! I sorta fell into this. And I know I am VERY lucky!

      4- Let me know how the pit makin' goes!

      Delete