Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Many Faces of Burlap

I fell into this burlap craze early. Really, pre-craze. There happened to be a remnant of ivory at Hobby Lobby one day. It was a month before I used it. 


First Burlap Project

The idea of burlap was imported from India, and was much rougher and a tighter weave than we generally see in fabric stores. Now, there are lots of ways to add this rough fabric to your interior. Without actually touching it. (Sometimes, I get burlap splinters.)

There is no link to this choice, so here is how I would do it: Tack used burlap bags from Rural King or eBay and use a dark, contrasting ribbon to tie them up. I'll let you know how easy it's going to be. I just realized it would look great in my kitchen over the sliding doors. And now that the Main Man is away at work (teaching), he can't protest!


I love these planters because buying large trees usually comes with the burlap.  But not nearly as pretty.



Easiest Christmas tree ever. Just add lights.
(Which I do in a top to bottom zig zag. Easy to put on, and fast to rip off.)



Wrapped around candles with ribbon and raffia. These candles don't even match, but by adding the wraps, you didn't even notice, did you? 

With Summer on it's final decent, how are you planning to use burlap in the Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment